Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008
Raspberry Apple Pear Pancakes & Spaghetti with Pesto Rosso marinated vegetables and crumbled Tofu
Yesterday, as I was looking though my kitchen repertoire, the pears and apples laughed at me and so here we go again with some more delicious filling Pancakes.
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. apple saue
1 cup soy milk
2 Tbsp. Agave syrup
1 apple, diced
1 pear, diced
1/2 cup raspberries
But even after this fruity snack, I didn't feel satisfied and craved something hearty so I threw together a bunch of stuff. And I know I said I didn't like Tofu too much, but I bought some a few days ago and I was very pleased this time.
Spaghetti with Pesto Rosso marinated vegetables and crumbled Tofu
Spaghetti (for 1-2 servings)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup brussel sprouts
1/2 zucchini, sliced
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup bell pepper
1 cup spinach
1/2-1 cup Tofu, crumbled
2 Tbsp. Pesto Rosso
thyme, basil, rosemary, chili, oregano, salt, pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce
pine, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (optional)
1. cook the pasta
2. cut brussel sprouts in half, cut the bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini
2. in a sauce pan heat up olive oil, add onions, stirr on medium heat until golden
3. add garlic
4. add vegetables, season with desired spices to taste, cover up and cook on low for about 15 min.
5. when pasta is done, add the spinach (I used frozen spinach)
6. in a bowl, crumble Tofu and add 2 Tbsp. Pesto Rosso, mix well
7. add 1/2 of the Tofu mixture to the vegetables cooking, mixing well
8. add the rest of the marinated Tofu to the Spaghetti, mix well
9. when vegetables are done, add balsamic vinegar and soy sauce
10. add vegetables to the Spaghetti, stir well and serve with sunflower, pine and pumpkin seeds
I'm eating the left-overs as I am writing this. It's good, but it's definitely missing some red ingredients(red bell pepper, tomato...). But that's only because I didn't have anything else left here.
Anyway, the most exciting thing: How It All Vegan and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World arrived yesterday!!!
I'll definitely make something today, but there are sooo many many great recipes in there. Picking one is going to be tough!