Dienstag, 13. Mai 2008

Wise words, Ice Cream & Snacks

When I went to the Karneval der Kulturen on sunday I spotted a man in the crowd wearing a black t-shirt that quoted Mahatma Gandhi.
"I abhor vivisection with my whole soul. I detest the unpardonable slaughter of innocent life in the name of science and humanity so-called, and all the scientific discoveries stained with innocent blood I count as of no consequence."
That convinced me, once again, that I'm doubtlessly practicing the right lifestyle.

That said, my boyfriend's getting more and more used to it. Yesterday his friend told him about a place here in Berlin where you can get vegan Döner and he was like "I instantly thought of you! We should go there!" Yep, he knows how to make me smile!
Of course we're still arguing every now and then. He still insists that you can not and were not meant to live without meat (riiiight...). He's become more open to the points I make though.
And since I don't feel like I have enough arguments I figured it's way about time to buy The China Study(and while I'm at it I think I'll get Eat to Live, too). Too bad it's not available in German, because everytime I try to make a statement to someone even now I don't know how to translate it into German so it'll make as much as an impact as it would in English. Know what I mean?

Onto the food, I had a yummy rye bread roll this morning with soy cream cheese (finally I found one, shouldn't use it for baking though because it's rather salty), basil, arugula, tomato and cucumber.



Yesterday I had half a bread roll with cream cheese and a tomato and bell pepper to go with it.



My mom bought these ice cream waffle "bowls" a few days ago and I considered them to contain egg or butter or something, but they're completely vegan =D
You can see Tofutti's Mango & Passionfruit and Chocolate ice cream(you were right Ruby, it's delicious) with crunchy amaranth cereal on top.



I realize that this is rather a snack post, but I've cooked up this dish again because it's just too yummy so that's why there's nothing new.
Hopefully tonight =)

Kommentare:

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Now that we talk about ice... I have a question for you! Do you know if Fruchteis is vegan? because I know Fruchtsorbet is vegan, but I'm not sure about Fruchteis... I've asked the waiters, but they just say "yes, yes" so I buy the damn ice and they can sell more to the next in the queue... :-)

Oh, and the pizza kit was vegan! I found it in Rewe! (all the others I saw in Aldi weren't vegan at all)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

I'm afraid it isn't. Most of the time it contains egg yolk and/or cream. But I know what you mean... I never feel safe asking either because people are too greedy to be honest (most of the time).

Good to know! I should tell my mom to get hers at Rewe instead of Aldi so I can have a slice next time =)

romina hat gesagt…

That ice cream cone bowl looks so yummy!! It makes the tofutti look that much more appealing. Mmm!!!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

It really does, doesn't it? I had two in a row, ha ha =p

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Gandhi definitely spoke wisely, and followed a great lifestyle - as are you! And I am too :0) Hooray!

I NEEEEED that ice cream sundae, haha - looks FABULOUS!!

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

i want to swim in that waffle bowl of perfection!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Thanks for the sweet words on my blog. You really are a wonderful friend.
You’d be an even better friend if you sent me one of those waffle-bowl sundaes, though ;o). I love the idea of the granola on the top. Yum yum.
I just started reading the autobiography of Ghandi—wow, like every single quote in that book is so inspirational!

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

I scream for that ice cream. You would be my "even better friend if you sent me one of those waffle-bowl sundaes" too!