Freitag, 8. Februar 2008

Banana Split Pudding Brownies & Caramel filled Golden Vanilla Cupcakes

Okay, there is no denying: this is the best brownie ever!



I gave my omni friend the last small piece and she rationed it and was like "I'm sorry I'm not giving you a bite of this, but oh my this is so good!" Ha ha, I was like "Never mind, enjoy it! I ate almost the whole batch myself last night."

When I ate a piece while it was still warm, I swear it felt like velvet melting in your mouth! After refrigerating for a day the consistence was fudgy. Different, but just as good! And they were so rich in chocolate, because I used Lindt's 85% cocoa chocolate!

Believe me, I wanted to slap myself for cutting the recipe in half. I will definitely make these again, soon.
My friend wants to bake them with me!

And here are the cupcakes I gave her for her birthday.



I filled them with the Caramel glaze from the Dulche Sin Leche Cupcakes. She loved the chocolate ganache! And I was surprised that you can create such a fudgy topping by only using soy milk, chocolate and a Tbsp. of maple syrup. Go vegan recipes!
These were good, but the brownies were better!!!

Kommentare:

Romina hat gesagt…

Oh my goodness! That looks as good as it sounds. I can imagine why your friend wouldn't want to share, hehe. Do you happen to have the recipe

How sweet of you to make cupcakes. They look sooo yummy!

Ashasarala hat gesagt…

The brownie does look yummy! I don't know what it is, but my brownies always come out tasting like cakes while my cakes always come out tasting like brownies. I just can't understand it.

Anyway, that ganache looks dreamy. I'm thinking I need to make some soon.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Romina - It's from VwaV. I can mail it to you if you give me your email address =) I don't want to get into trouble for posting it here, because of the copyright and whatnot. Better safe than sorry ;)
She just texted me saying Your cupcakes were so good. I just ate the last one =( I love it when omnis love vegan treats =)

Ashasarala - check your myspace ;)

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Your brownies look even better than mine!!! Even though mine tasted outta-this-world, they didn't look all too pretty... but yours look fantastic! Now I want to make them again, to see if I can get mine to look more like they're supposed to.

And the cupcakes look so delicious as well-- the ganache looks so gooey. My birthday is in September... you better come to Texas and make me cupcakes hehe ;o)

Jody hat gesagt…

Oh my god. YUMMMMMM.

The brownie looks absolutely delicious *drools* I'm moving to Berlin :P

Jennifer hat gesagt…

Yum. Thats about all I can say right now! You have one lucky friend getting those cupcakes. :-)

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

The 85% cocoa chocolate makes all the difference.

mustardseed hat gesagt…

Oh man...that looks YUM!! Can I have the recipe pretty please? I'm pretty sure I'm buying VwaV already, but I just can't wait for this brownie!!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Katie - Seriously, I would come and bring you a bunch. What day? =p

Jody - Yeees you should do that! *jumps up and down with excitement*

Jennifer - She really enjoyed them which means she'll get more vegan cupcakes in the future =)

Cookiemouse - That's so true, dark chocolate is wonderful for baking.

mustardseed - Then I'll need your email address =)

mustardseed hat gesagt…

Get me at melissatsang@hotmail.com

YAY brownies!!

Anardana hat gesagt…

Aww I just noticed that you link to me. I'll link back! :)