Montag, 3. März 2008

Spinach Tortellini, my magical place & something that made my day

I just cleaned up my kitchen, so now it's about time to show you where the magic happens!



If I should get myself to throw out the couch already I'd have more space, space I need actually. But I love my couch too much ♥ Some day, some day...

For dinner 2 days ago I had the following.



There were no nice tomatoes available at the supermarket so I bought a jar of Bertollis Basil Sauce. I usually don't like to buy something like pasta sauce, because you can easily make it yourself. But this one tasted quite good. Nevertheless I had to add vegetables of course: zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus, broccoli, scallions.

Last night I had the tortellini again, with the same veggie-pimped sauce. I also made spaghetti and Pesto (which was delicious), but I totally forgot to take a picture *slaps*

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks now though so hopefully I'll start cooking more. My parents already mentioned that they like the idea of me having dinner ready every night for the next days when they come home from work, ha ha ;)
I have a loooooong list of things to try so finding recipes shouldn't be hard.

And now it's time to squeal like a little kid... LOOK WHAT I GOT! He he.



Thank you so so much, Jennifer!
I feel incredibly honoured that people enjoy this blog and reading your lines absolutely made my day =) Thank you SO much!!!
There are so many vegan blogs out there I enjoy, and yours is definitely one of my all-time favorites!
Here's also a small list of blogs I visit frequently and enjoy a whole lot:
  • The Happy Herbivore
  • Vegan for one
  • Eat, Live, Run
  • Chocolate Covered Vegan
  • Love like a Vegan
  • Veggie Delight
  • Eat, Live, Run
  • The Metal Femme's Vegan Living
  • Ruby Red Vegan
  • Melo Meals
  • Veggie Girl
    There are many more... Like Jennifer said I think we can rate the vegan community 'E for Excellent'.
  • Kommentare:

    Melody Polakow hat gesagt…

    I love that pic of the tortellini..t he sauce and veggies look so vibrant. I'm not a fan of jarred sauce either, but bertolli is probably one of the better ones.

    Love the lens you used in the kitchen pics

    Jennifer hat gesagt…

    Those pictures of your kitchen are neat! I'd take photos of my kitchen, but it's nothing special at all, you'd probably be surprised that I can turn around in it. :-)

    That pasta looks fantastic, I wish we could find vegan tortellini here! Oooooh, time off of work equals some time in the kitchen, eh? I've been itching for a day off work for awhile and Brett is going to be on break from classes next week, so I might take a day off and spend some quality time in my kitchen (as if I don't do that each weekend!). You've given me inspiration to take time off work! Wahoooo!

    Aw! You are so sweet Lizzy! You really do deserve this award, you have great recipes, wonderful photography, we get a fun window into a German vegans life, I think it's a good deal for all of us!

    Romina hat gesagt…

    I'm on the hunt for some vegan tortellini. Everything here seems to have cheese or meat in it!! GRR!!

    Yours look so good! I love veggies with pasta. Especially when they soak up the sauce. Mmm!!

    Thank you sooo much for the award! =) You deserve it, congratulations!

    ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

    LOL I actually thought the couch looked really cute in your kitchen! And when you tire yourself out by slaving away making vegan treats, you have a nice place to rest.

    Spinach tortellini? YUM. I've never sen vegan tortellini around here :o/.

    And you are sooooo sweet to include me on your list! I would've DEFINITELY given the award to you... except that you got it first hehe. But your blog is so much fun. I'm excited to see all the fun foods you make while on vacation. Enjoy your time off, dear friend!

    Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

    That almost looks like a fish eye lens you're using for the kitchen photo. Great effect.

    Courtney hat gesagt…

    I love that you have a couch in your kitchen! I love hanging out in the kitchen, and a couch makes yours look so cozy!

    Congrats on the award! It is much deserved--I have only been reading your blog for a while, but I love it! Your posts are thoughtful and the photos are beautiful...what more could you ask for?!

    Courtney

    Ruby Red Vegan hat gesagt…

    Oooh, bring on the cheeseless tortellini! It looks delicious, with that chunky, colorful, wonderlicious sauce. I have yet to have any as a vegan, but your dish is making me reminisce about the many, many childhood memories I have about growing up and eating tortellini. I forgot how much I used to eat that stuff at my grandma's house. Good times, good times.

    Congratulations on your award! You really, truly deserve it. You just take the most scrumptious looking pictures and you're literally cooking up something amazing all the time. I'm so honored that you put me in your 10 as well. :) Thanks, girl.

    VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

    love your kitchen!! it's always fun to see "where the magic happens" (haha) for others ;0)

    mmm, spinach tortellini - looks colorful and delicious!

    aww, Lizzy, thank you for including me on that list - although you certainly deserve the award more!! you ARE an excellent blogger!! :0)

    Lizzy hat gesagt…

    Melody - That's true, but (for me) 2 € for one jar is too expensive anyway!
    Thank you =)

    Jennifer - Ha ha, yeah my kitchen is nothing special either. I still need a few cupboards on the walls and so on.

    And I wish I could find vegan creamcheese here =( It's weird that you don't have vegan tortellini (want me to send you some?), you seem to have many more vegan products than we do.
    Oh yeah,absolutely ;)
    Now that's always a good thing =D

    Aww, thank you so much *blushes*

    Romina - That's too bad =( I should send a huge package with vegan tortellinis to Canada & America for all my vegan friends!

    Thank you and you're welcome and thanks again ;)

    Katie - Ha ha, that's exactly what it's there for ;)

    They were delicious! Like I said to Romina already, I wish I could send you guys some. It's weird that you have so many vegan products available, yet no vegan tortellinis..

    Aww, then still THANK YOU and you're more than welcome, I really enjoy your blog! And it had to be on the list because it was one of the first vegan blogs I visited and it totally got my attention and made me want to find out more about veganism =)

    Cookiemouse - It is a fish eye lense ;) Thank you!

    Courtney - True, I can't deny that ;)

    Thank you so much, it really means a lot to hear that, really =)

    Ruby - Aww, I'm happy my dinner reminded you of good childhood memories! And thanks so much for the compliments =)

    Believe me, that's exactly what I think of your blog =) so you're more than welcome and thank youuu

    Veggie Girl - Ha ha! Thank you, I really enjoy getting a look into other peoples kitchen so I thought this might make a nice post ;)

    They were sooo good. Luckily I still have about 1/3 of the pack left!

    Anytime dear, your blog rocks! But thank you so much, it's so incredibly nice to hear how much people enjoy this blog. It makes it so much more fun =)