Dienstag, 11. März 2008

It's Waffle Time!

I made VwaV's Lemon Corn Waffles with blueberry sauce yesterday for breakfast and I can only reccomend them to anyone who likes lemon and corn meal. They were lemoney, crunchy and overall delicious! I didn't take a picture though because my batteries were empty.



This morning I made Vegan Dad's waffles and Jennas Banana-Walnut Waffles.
Since I made the regular waffle batch first I was left with 1/4 cup too little flour, added some corn meal but the mixture was still runny. Anyway, I had to scratch it out of my waffle iron, but the taste was still wonderful! Thanks so much for providing the recipe Jenna, I'll definitely give them another try once I have flour in the house again =)



My messy breakfast table after breakfast(as you can see I made too many regular waffles, there were more left over than the picture shows): green tea, some pear slices, berries, waffles, blueberry sauce, powdered sugar...

I'm on my way to meet some friends now, but I'll definitely comment on your blogs tomorrow. I've been checking out your new posts, but haven't had the time to comment yet. But as always I gotta say: your dishes are awesome!!!

Kommentare:

Jennifer hat gesagt…

All those waffles, I don't care if it's 2:45 in the afternoon, I want your waffles! C'mon, be a pal, send some my way. :-)

Those fresh berries and pear, oh my! I almost want that as much as I want the waffles. You know how to make a fruitaholic's dream breakfast.

Hope you've been enjoying your vacation.

Romina hat gesagt…

I love the shape of your waffle iron!! So cute. =)

Ruby Red Vegan hat gesagt…

Your waffles look amazing! My aunt actually has that same heart-shaped waffle iron, haha. And I was totally looking at that Lemon Corn Waffles recipe last night! I really want to make those tomorrow morning. :)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Jennifer - I LOVE fruit for breakfast!!! I always have to stop myself from snacking on the pear while making the waffles or else I'll only eat fruit for breakfast =p

I sent you some ;)
And thanks, now that it's the last week I have nothing to do I'm really starting to take advantage of it =)

Romina - We've had this waffle iron ever since I was born I think =p
But hey, it still works ;)

Ruby - Thank you so much (and I mean it - I mean you are the QUEEN of breakfast(and waffles) and there's no denying)!
Ha ha, I was actually starting to get jealous of your belgian waffle maker. But tradition is also a nice thing I guess ;)
Ohhh make them, I'm excited to see how you'll like them =)

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Too many waffles, did ya say? Help is here-- Send the leftovers to me!!!