Montag, 24. März 2008

Grilled Veggie Pita and Easter Goodies

Just a quick update about my dinner yesterday. The PB Birthday goods will be posted later, I'm just off to meet my friend to take pictures.

First, salad: red cabbage with red beet, a little balsamico bianco and sunflower seeds.



And my "main course": grilled red bell pepper, zucchini slices, broccoli, scallions, brussels sprouts and tomatoes on a mashed Falafel in a sunflower seed pita pocket with a layer of pepper-peperoni spread.



I'm proud (and totally surprised by myself to be honest) to announce that I managed to resist the temptation until Sunday and therefor highly enjoyed my espresso chocolate last night.
And my mom was so sweet! She got me a Lindt Goldhase mug and lots of dark chocolate =)



Hope you had a good time with your friends and family aswell!

Kommentare:

Jennifer hat gesagt…

That main course looks so good. I want some right now. Mmmmmmmm. Was the spread something you bought or made up yourself?

I enjoy my chocolate yesterday too! I couldn't believe I actually made it through without caving in.

Ruby Red Vegan hat gesagt…

The veggie and falafel pita looks like it was sooo satisfying - you really packed that thing with veggies!

Congrats on resisting temptation - I admire your restraint, because I wouldn't have been able to resist!

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

Beets get neglected too often. you're gorgeous dish reminded me why I love them so much! Ill have to make this the next time I find beets at my farkers market! the color alone! so beautiful and your main dish! you should have invited me over! :P

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Vegetable pita = divine!! Looks like you had a lovely Easter, with the chocolate goodies :0)

Can't wait to see the pb birthday treats post!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Happy Easter, dear girl! Your Easter dinner looks divine. And I'm glad ONE of us resisted temptation... even if it wasn't me ;o)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Jennifer - Thanks, it tasted great! And I want some too now =p

The spread is store bought. I was so excited to find a vegan spread because I used to spread cream cheese on whatever I ate when I still had dairy and since there's no vegan cream cheese around here I needed something else to pimp my breads with ;)

Me too, seriously! Congratulations to us, we can proudly pat our own shoulders now =p

Ruby - It was so good! As I was putting the veggies on the baking sheet I was wondering if all of it would fit into the pita pocket and then was like ahh screw it if not, this is the minimum amount of veggies I need now. =p
Thank you, I really did NOT think I'd make it, being the chocoholic that I am..

Veggie Girl - I think I'll have to warm up another Falafel, I'm starting to crave it again.
And thank you, I sure did =)

Katie - Same to you dear and thank you!
Ha ha, believe me I did not expect that I'd be able to resist that long.