Mittwoch, 23. April 2008

Mexican Pizza makes my night!

The pizza pan came to the rescue last night. And the result did not diappoint!



I felt the need for a change, not the regular broccoli bell pepper pizza again so I looked through the cupboards and the fridge and decided to make... Salsa (or whatever you want to call it)



Ingredients
1 can chopped tomatoes (omit the juice)
4 cherry tomatoes, chopped (ha ha not neccessary, I just found them in my fridge)
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 cup premade tomato sauce (or tomato puree seasond with a little oregano)
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
chili powder (about 1/2 tsp.)
salt & pepper, to taste

I topped our pizza with salsa, black beans, corn, yellow and green bell pepper, scallions, a little onion and put vegan mozzarella on my half, the other half was my boyfriend's with regular cheese and additional mushrooms and peperoni.



Mhh, close-up! The crust was so perfectly crispy, just the way I like it!



This pizza was so delicious! I loved the beans and corn, so good!
I have a little salsa left over, as well as black beans so I'm thinking tonight will be the night I'll finally make burritos. I bought an avocado for guacamole and now all else I need is tortillas.

On another note it's my mom's birthday tomorrow. She requested Vcon's Quinoa Black Bean Mango Salad which she couldn't stop raving about ever since we first had it, ha ha =)
And for dessert I think I'll go with another one of her favorites: the delicious berry crisp by the Happy Herbivore!

Kommentare:

Mihl hat gesagt…

Hello from another German vegan blogger!
Your pizza looks perfect, I never had a Mexican pizza. What kind of mozzarella did you use?

Celine hat gesagt…

happy birthday to your mom! she won't be disappointed, no doubt.

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Mexican pizza + salsa = FABULOUS, festive meal. Yum!

Happy birthday to your mom!!! I KNOW she'll love the black bean mango salad & berry crisp meal :0)

Jennifer hat gesagt…

That pizza looks absolutely wonderful, I want to reach into my screen and have a slice even though it's only 8 in the morning!

Happy birthday to your mom!

romina hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! She's gonna love her dinner. =)
That pizza looks SO good. I need to try this!

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Mexican pizza can only make you happy :-)
Happy birthday to your mom, and happy cooking to you!

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

you make the most beautiful-amazing pizzas! no, they are art.

man. I need to eat all these pizzas by you!!!