Freitag, 25. April 2008

Bean Quesadillas and the fruitiest Berry Birthday Crisp

For my mom's birthday I made VwaV's Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad as requested!
Don't the colors of the flowers & salad match perfectly? Ha ha!



I wrapped it up in a Tortilla later: a tasty idea! I really enjoyed it this way.

I usually hate peeling and cutting mango, but the skin was easily removable this time and left the mango flesh looking funny.



Doesn't it totally look like mango sorbet inside of a mango? =p



The Berry Crisp goodness! Frozen blueberries & raspberries and fresh blackberries & blueberries.





Before it went into the oven.



We had so much fun eating this dessert and couldn't stop laughing over each others blue teeth and lips =p

And about dinner two days ago. I must apologize. When I made quesadillas with my leftover salsa I made my boyfriend's first. Took a picture, then made mine. Forgot to take a picture of it, erm... anyway, mine looked basically the same minus the mushrooms and the cheese on top.

As he ate he went "I'm eating so healthy because of you!" "Well, sorry.." "No no, you can be proud!" Ha ha =p
I'll never understand why so many people fear healthy and nutritionous food (such as whole wheat for example)!?



Sorry, you can't even see the filling =( I spread it with salsa that I had mixed with kidney beans before, put bell pepper slices and corn on top and that was it. Very tasty!



This will be my last post for a week as I am going to visit my sister! I'm so excited, my best friend is coming along and I'm sure this will be such a fun week!! With LOTS of pictures!
So have a great week everyone and take care! =)

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

What a fantastic birthday feast for your mom!!! Yes, the colors of the flowers and salad DO match perfectly - so vibrant!

Haha, that mango does look more like mango sorbet - I've never seen a mango with that kind of texture before! Interesting!

That berry crisp is beyond stunning; as are the quesadillas!! Yum!! Oh and yes, I too will never understand why so many people are afraid of healthy/nutritious food - ridiculous!

Have a phenomenal trip to visit your sister, with your friend - should definitely be a fun time!!

Celine hat gesagt…

the mango and berry shots are just killing me with goodness!

Jennifer hat gesagt…

Mmmmmm. Everything you make is gorgeous Lizzy. Your photography is fantastic.

I agree that mango does look more like sorbet.

Those berries Lizzy, oh my!

Have a great week!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

I love the pictures-- especially the first pic, with the colorful quinoa and flowers :o)

Happy Birthday to your mom!

I finally got around to posting pics of my kitchen (and I linked back to your blog in my post)!

Courtney hat gesagt…

Those flowers are so pretty! I hope your mom appreciated your lovely and scrumptious cooking for her birthday--what a treat!

Have fun with your sister!
Courtney

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Everything looks great! And I can imagine your blue teeth while eating the berries :-)
I hope you have lots of fun with your sister!
And I love the conversation with your boyfriend, haha. My boyfriend's brother is always making fun of my vegan diet, and now he thinks he might have an ulcer (poor thing), and I'm the one who's helping him out with recipes and ideas! At the end, they're thankful :-)

jd hat gesagt…

Oh my goodness! All of that food looks wonderful. I bet your mom had a great (& filling!) birthday :)

Enjoy your visit with your sister - I can't wait to see all of your pics!

Have fun!

Vaala hat gesagt…

That berry crisp looks awesome. I'm guessing it's kind of what us New Zealanders call a crumble...we make a lot of those for dessert and they are delicious! I'll have to try your berry version next!

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

That all looks like a great birthday treat. The mango picture is amazing!

Liz² hat gesagt…

ooh, have fun with your sister and best friend, it sounds like it'll be a blast! and what beautiful flowers! (the black bean mango salad is a definite favourite of mine, too)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

VeggieGirl - The texture is to blame on my peeling. I loosened a tiny bit of the skin and then just pulled it off, that's why it looks so rippled.

At least us health nuts can shake our heads together at this =p

Celine - Ha ha, I was going crazy taking the pictures! It was hard not to just dive into it head forward =p

Jennifer - Thank you so much =)

Katie - Thank you! I thank my dad every day for giving me such a wonderful gift!

Awesome, that's so sweet =) Can't wait to check it out!

Courtney - Oh she really did =)
Thanks, I had a blast!!

Alice - Ha ha, ja kein schöner Anblick aber der Geschmack wars wert ;)

He he, so true! Hopefully it's nothing too serious =/
Other than that it's great if you're able to share your experience =)

Vaala - I'm sure you'll enjoy it =)
We actually don't have these kinds of desserts in Germany so there's not really a name for it. But crumble or crisp, it's tasty either way =)

Cookiemoise - Thank you =)

Liz - I hade a blast!! And I think I'll have to make the salad again very soon now that I looked at the picture again =p