Montag, 9. Februar 2009

Tortellini&Broccoli in a Spinach Cream Sauce and Peanut-Coconut-Curry Stir-Fry

Drinking ginger tea while eating ginger chocolate chip cookies, I sense my ginger phase is coming back. Ahh, the joy of relaxing for a couple of minutes... I actually have to study like crazy (which - honestly - I am not really doing so far, being the procastination whore that I am), because my finals are coming sooner than I thought they would and time just fucking flies by way too fast!



Still had time to cook something though (it's so good to actually cook and use an oven again after living off microwaved vegetables and sandwiches for the last 6 months). I made some spelt veggie tortellini with broccoli in a sauce made of cream cheese, some leftover spinach, soy milk, vitam-r, nutritional yeast, bindobin, oregano, pepper, salt, parsley, nutmeg and some curry powder (could've needed some garlic and onions, but I didn't feel like peeling and cutting anything... lazy much?). And I bought these things, because I'm too lazy to make my own. They taste alright, but then again I'd always prefer homemade chickpea cutlets or some other patties.

And from a couple of days ago: Peanut-Coconut-Curry Stir-Fry that was absolutely fabulous! I ate it three days in a row and probably still would be feasting on it if there were more leftovers. A mix of asparagus, bell pepper, ginger, fennel, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, soy sprouts, brussels sprouts, snap peas and broccoli in a coconut milk/soy sauce/peanut butter mix. So so so good!



Managed the stir-fry eating with chopsticks quite well, but I always need the smurf kids fork my grandma gave me for the salad ;)

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Such lovely eats and chopstick set!! :-)

shelby hat gesagt…

The coconut/soy/peanut sauce sounds luscious! Fabulous eats girl.

Jennifer (of Veg*n Cooking) hat gesagt…

I am loving the sound of the Peanut-Coconut Curry. Yummy. And all those veggies, my mouth is watering! I am proud that you even attempted to use your chopsticks on this one. I only attempt using them with sushi and it is always tentative.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

the sauce was actually just a can of coconut milk, couple of splashes of soy sauce and a big teaspoon full of pb =)

jen, i realized that as long as i hold them the wrong way i can get the food into my mouth without everything falling off ;)