Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009

Cauliflower Curry Soup

Not to toot my own horn, but damn this was good. Hot and spicy!
I don't know why, but I never taste my food while cooking. I just wonder which herbs and spices might fit, throw in an estimated amount, add tons of pepper just about every 5 minutes (seriously) and taste it for the first time about 5 seconds before serving it.



Cauliflower Curry Soup
(all of this is pretty much estimated; like I said I kept dashing in curry powder, more and more pepper and some of this and that, so adapt it to your liking if you're the kind of person who tastes stuff during cooking)

1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium-big cloves of garlic, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
2 cups water (or more if you prefer a water based soup)
1 vegetable broth cube
4 cups cauliflower
1.5 cups broccoli
2 celery stalks, chopped
5 Tbsp. hot curry powder (estimated, I think I had more, but adapt to your liking)
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. paprika powder
1 tsp. ground caraway seeds
salt, pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
1/4 cup soy cream or soy milk (estimated & optional)

1. bring the water & broth to a boil, add onions, set heat to medium, cook for ca. 3 minutes
2. add garlic, cook for ca. 1 minutes
3. add cauliflower, celery, broccoli and spices & herbs, cook for ca. 7-8 minutes until veggies are tender
4. puree everything to consistence of your liking (I like it a little chunky), add salt and pepper to taste, adapt spicing if neccessary
5. add parsley, stir and add soy cream or soy milk

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Hot and spicy??? Yes, please!! :-)

shelby hat gesagt…

Curry + Spicyness + Veggies = Most perfect soup EVER!