Dienstag, 5. August 2008

Amsterdam Pictures from De Bolhoed

As I said, here are the pictures.


My sister & me in Vondelpark, expressing our joy that after 3 years of living apart we will finally be able to see each other again daily =D



Oh yeah and those white glasses.... I bought them in red and black aswell, ha ha! And no, I'm not balding, it's just a bad hairstyle =p

At De Bolhoed. My sister, looking still a liiiiiiittle bit sceptical, ha ha!



The salad was DELICIOUS! Although there were only two lettuce leafs, it contained some tomato-ish bulgur/rice/whatever, string beans in some delicious red creamy sauce, a mixed mush of black beans and avocado, sweet potato (my sister and I both didn't know what it was, but it was orange and sort of sweet so I guess it was a sweet potato), radishes, tomatoes and cucumber.



And oh, can anyone tell me what's on the top? I ate it aswell, but have no clue what it was exactly =p

I ordered hummus with pita (how boring am I) and it was delicious aswell. I wrapped up two pita halves and 3/4 of the hummus that was leftover to take home with me. The guy was so nice, he brought it back and had put some extra sprouts and a radish in there =)



My sister ordered what was called croissant something (sorry I can't name anything here, ha ha) that was filled with tofu, potatoes, some seaweed sort of thing and some more stuff and tasted very curry like. It was FANTASTIC! The dough was so crispy and the sesame seeds on top made it perfect.




And a picture of the dessert my sisters boyfriends mom made me. Beautiful presentation in a fancy glass and lovely fresh mint, non?





I'd love to browse all your blogs and catch up on what I've missed and most importandly comment, but I still have so many things to do until Sunday. I'll try to find the time, don't hate me!
Oh dear, what will it be like in Amsterdam without internet at home? =O The last week was hard already, I felt pretty much disconnected to the world, ha ha!

Kommentare:

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

When do you come to Amsterdam? We should meet for a coffee!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

oh we definitely should!!!
and you have to show me around westermarkt... i want that raw chocolate ;)
i'll take the train this sunday and start working on monday. i know that work starts at 9:30 and i guess i'll be off at around 7. if we can't manage anything during the week we'll just have to do it saturday.
i already checked where the swomp project is located and it's not too far away from where i'm gonna live (for the first couple weeks). if the weather stays this good i'll have to stop by there, too.
anyway, long story short: LET'S MEET FOR COFFEE =)

sweetpotato hat gesagt…

That food looks great! Especially the dessert.. perfect for summer.

shelby hat gesagt…

That dessert looks so elegant, I love the colors in it!

Jennifer (of Veg*n Cooking) hat gesagt…

Everything looks fantastic. You're making me want to move to Amsterdam myself, just so I can hang out with you and eat that food! ;-)

Don't beat yourself up too much about missing people's blogs. Life gets in the way sometimes and we all understand!

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Such lovely photographs!!

Oooh, that dessert!! Gorgeous.

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Wow, you're both SO beautiful! (and stylish). The food looks great but you look better ;-)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

sweetpotato - it certainly was the perfect dessert for a hot day like it had been. i was much much happier with it and not jealous at all that everyone else had some almond tart

shelby - i love that it was almost sundown... the blueish color makes it even prettier!

jennifer - well you should. the reasons for you to go there are adding up: you can give cookiemouse the makeover in person and we will be able to explore every vegan restaurant there is AND make even more food ourselves =D

veggiegirl - thank you thank you =)

alice - awww, ha ha you're way too sweet! seriously, thanks a lot =)

VeganView hat gesagt…

I absolutely love your blog! Your pics are so fun and tasty looking. That dessert...yummm