Sonntag, 7. September 2008

Cookiemouse & some food I've been eating...

I wrote this post so long ago... anyway, here goes!

I met Leighton (aka Cookiemouse) at the Noordermarkt and got to learn how you get vegetables for free!



Here's the crowd being rewarded for all the waiting and grabbing lots of lovely organic produce.





She was very successful as you can see ;) And that's Cookiemouse in the back.



I got lots of zucchini from Cookiemouse (thanks again) so my dinner plans for the next couple of days are already set ;)

See? This is what I've been eating pretty much all the time. Rice, Salad, fresh tomatoes and steamed garlicy herbed string beans, zucchini, lima beans and tofu (came to the realization that I don't really need it so I'll save my money for other stuff instead of buying tofu).





His German was so good! He speaks amazingly well Schwäbisch which is funny because my mom originally comes from Schwaben and hearing him speak in this dialect totally reminded me of my childhood when we would visit my moms realtives and she would start speaking in that dialect again =)

Here's some more food. People at work told me about the BioMarkt and I stocked up on beans there.



The Jalow Bars were deeeelicious!!!



Other than beans I got Brocolli Sprouts and some fruit/fruit&nut bars and a Pumpkin-Lentil Soup that I've been living on for a couple of days. I tried to mix it up a little so I had it with some fresh tomato on top (I was out of everything else)



and then with broccoli sprouts & the last of Cookiemouses zucchini.



& a salad from De Bolhoed.

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Such a great market; and gorgeous food!!

Glad to see you posting again, Lizzy!!

shelby hat gesagt…

Yum! I love veggies and all of yours look amazing!

Jennifer (of Veg*n Cooking) hat gesagt…

I hope you are enjoying your stay in Amsterdam so far Lizzy.

That is really cool that you got to meet Leighton. I bet he showed "the ropes" of the city.

Haha, across the world and you all are innundated with zucchini too.

I love all those different kinds of beans!!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to eat as good as I can and prepare quick meals because the kitchen is really icky... =/ but somehow I totally fell for beans =)
And I love it here so far, although the weather could be nicer ;)

Jennifer, ha ha are you still having trouble with eating all your zucchini produce? Send me some, he he =p

Nikki Douglas hat gesagt…

I love Cookiemouse - he is my zucchini king! All your food looks so glorious my dear. It must be so wonderful in Amsterdam.

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

Zucchini king! I'm flattered Nikki.

Mihl hat gesagt…

So cool that you where able to meet cookiemouse!
I think it's totally funny (in a very good way) when non-native speakers speak a German dialect.

The notorious zucchini - I've also lived on free zucchini for the last couple of weeks:)

granuaile@europe.com hat gesagt…

would you spare your Pumpkin-Lentil Soup-recipe with me?
i have lots of lentils at home and need another recipe :) thank you!

great blog. great photography. i looove the colors!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

thanks a lot =) i'm glad you're enjoying it!
sadly the soup was a store bought one so i don't have a recipe =(

granuaile hat gesagt…

thanks!
i'll be checking out the stores..!